Pass GIAC GCIA Exam in First Attempt Guaranteed!
Get 100% Latest Exam Questions, Accurate & Verified Answers As Seen in the Actual Exam!
30 Days Free Updates, Instant Download!
GCIA Premium ETE File
- Premium File 507 Questions & Answers. Last Update: Nov 29, 2021
- Latest Questions
- 100% Accurate Answers
- Fast Exam Updates
Download 25 Sample Questions that you WILL see in your GIAC GCIA exam.
Guarantee your success by buying the full version which covers the full latest pool of questions.
(507 Questions, Last Updated on Nov 29, 2021)
Last Week Results!
|Download Free GCIA Exam Questions|
Size: 925.49 KB
GIAC GCIA Practice Test Questions and Answers, GIAC GCIA Exam Dumps - Killexams
All GIAC GCIA certification exam dumps, study guide, training courses are Prepared by industry experts. PrepAway's ETE files povide the GCIA GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst practice test questions and answers & exam dumps, study guide and training courses help you study and pass hassle-free!
The GIAC GCIA exam is taken by those candidates who are interested in obtaining the GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst certification.
Candidates for GCIA Validation
The GIAC GCIA certification exam targets those individuals who want to leverage their knowledge on host monitoring, intrusion detection, and traffic analysis. This test is also suitable for any practitioner who occupies roles dedicated to intrusion detection. Then, system analysts or network engineers are interested in taking this certification test. Another category of specialists is formed of network administrators, security analysts, and hands-on security managers. Apart from them, any individual who wants to consolidate his/her skills in monitoring and configuring systems dedicated to intrusion detection, or interpret different data for network traffic analysis can be a target candidate for this GCIA test.
GCIA Evaluation Structure
As mentioned earlier, the GCIA exam is necessary for obtaining the GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst certification. Luckily though, this is the only exam necessary for obtaining this designation. When it comes to the structure, the candidates should know that this is a proctored exam. Also, the exam-takers will need to pay a registration fee. Its value is $1,999. As for the number of questions, this validation includes 100 to 150 inquiries. The time allotted for any candidate who takes the GIAC GCIA exam is 240 minutes. During this time, the examinees will need to answer as many questions as possible and obtain a minimum passing score of 68%.
Topics Tested in Official Testing
A candidate’s success in the GCIA exam is defined by his/her ability to develop the skills tested for the certification. Therefore, if they want to be successful, exam-takers should demonstrate that they can perform the following tasks:
- Analyzing different types of data collected from various source to form a forensic investigation;
- Understanding the IDS correlation problems and tuning methods;
- Demonstrating the ability to using application layer analysis and protocol dissection;
- Working with TCP/IP models of communications and manage to link-layer operations;
- Understanding how the DNS architecture works and contribute to the development of methods that prevent malicious issues from happening;
- Working with IDS concepts and becoming an expert in managing different options related to network architecture and understanding the benefits and weaknesses that the most common IDS systems have;
- Managing to develop comprehensive rules for IDS architecture for detecting different types of malicious activity;
- Demonstrating the ability to work with IP packet headers, dissect, and analyze each of them for detecting any normal or abnormal values that might cause security problems;
- Understanding the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 architecture;
- Analyzing application and network traffic for identifying any malicious or normal behaviors;
- Manipulating and crafting packet engineering features;
- Understanding how the SiLK tools and others dedicated to traffic analysis work as well as being able to develop flow analysis;
- Understanding the TCP protocol and making the difference between the anomalous and typically normal behavior;
- Crafting different tcpdump filters for meeting different types of business criteria;
- Understanding how the ICMP and UDP protocols work and discerning the main differences between abnormal and normal behavior;
- Performing traffic analysis with the help of Wireshark by using an intermediate level of knowledge.
Preparation Resources for GCIA Certification Exam
In case you’re dogged to procure the certificate, you need to thoroughly prepare for the GCIA test. To facilitate the whole process for you, here are the best revision resources in terms of effectiveness and assistance:
- Latest Certified Intrusion Analyst Practice Test: GIAC GCIA Paperback
Kyle Butler is the author of this material that promises to offer accurate practice tests. Therefore, the candidates who want to pass the GIAC GCIA certification exam will have the opportunity to see what the exam questions look like and review the most important concepts that contribute to the eventual success. More so, the author is committed to keeping all questions and answers up to date based on the changes made by the vendor in the exam structure and topics. Thanks to this practice test, the takers will get used to the test difficulty and check their preparedness level. The total number of questions included in this book is 507.
- SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth
This is one of the official training resources developed by GIAC in collaboration with SANS. The course is organized either in person or online for 6 days. The training class has two authors. Thus, Judy Novak is the senior instructor and David Hoelzer is the fellow. Once they go through this course, the exam-takers will consolidate their knowledge in the following areas:
- Analyzing the traffic that transverses the site and avoids any hacking activity;
- Identifying any activities that might have a malicious potential;
- Customizing and tuning the IPS/IDS systems to achieve maximum detection;
- Using different open-source tools to detect and analyze a comprehensive network forensic investigation;
- Distinguishing the abnormal from normal traffic activities by knowing how to use TCP/IP and other common app protocols;
- Augmenting detection by using the benefits provided by flow and hybrid traffic activity.
Apart from including a variety of useful information for passing the GCIA exam, the candidates will also have the benefit of having a hands-on lab experience. So, the exam-takers will know how to use the theoretical information in real-life scenarios that apply to a business environment.
- Official GIAC GCIA Practice Tests
When they enroll for the final GIAC GCIA exam, the candidates will also receive access to two practice tests. This is official material developed by the vendor covering all the topics included in the exam. Apart from offering the candidates the opportunity to get used to the exam types of questions, they will also find a detailed explanation for each inquiry. Thus, they will understand better how to analyze a question and which answer to select when they are not sure of the topic. Besides, these practice tests are an effective method for knowledge consolidation and checking the preparedness status. By and large, the two practice tests’ value is $338.
By exploring different training opportunities and materials, candidates improve their chances to pass the GIAC GCIA certification exam from the first attempt. The vendor, in particular, offers different preparation alternatives that help the candidates consolidate their knowledge. Also, you can count on the books available on Amazon for more diversity.
GIAC GCIA practice test questions and answers, training course, study guide are uploaded in ETE Files format by real users. Study and Pass GCIA GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst certification exam dumps & practice test questions and answers are to help students.